Access Control and Security Wiki
This wiki contains documentation, ideas, bug fixes and other information about open-source access control and home automation systems. This Wiki is maintained by users and sponsored by ACCX Products.
Products from ACCX Products
ACCX Products is selling and supporting hardware based on the following open-source devices. Access documentation, files and more here:
RFID Reader and Hardware Support
Project Goals and Information
Open Source Access Control Design Framework
ACCX Products has been collecting information on existing security protocols and technologies. A set of design recommendations for open-source systems is outlined.
- Interface Options
- Messaging Protocols
- Design Recommendations
- Access Readers and Tokens
- Alarm and Sensor Technologies
Security and Access Control Interoperability
A new "Area Control" API based on XML and REST is now available from the PSIA. This is an exciting development, and we will likely be porting our software to this API, via the Rasberry Pi interface.
Other Open Source Security Projects
Conference Slides and Presentations
Security Conferences and Events
Security Industry Associations
- Security Industry of America
- Physical Security Interoperability Alliance
- ONVIF (Video Surveillance Standards)
Security Industry Publications
- Web sites
Open Hardware Design and Tools
- Embedded CPUs
- Overview of the various embedded CPUs and the tools needed to support them
- Embedded Ethernet
- Tutorials and information about Ethernet device servers and chip sets
- Embedded Chips and IO
- Tutorials and information on IO Expanders, real-time clocks (RTCs), etc
- Books and References
- Electronics Tools
- LED Calculators, interface tips, etc.
- Links to our favorite books and references for embedded systems, security, etc.
- PCB Tips
- PCB Design Rules and Tips
- Electronics Suppliers and Vendors
- Serial Debugging