Jump to navigation Jump to search
PCB Design Rules and Tips
- Find out about trace spacing, trace widths, milling, and other limitations of your PCB process before laying out boards.
- Use the most relaxed specifications you can. If your board can be made with 12mil traces and spacing, don't use 6mil.
- Watch out for mirror-imaged layers, especially the bottom.
- Send it out - this is often your best option, as you will get professional results.
- Costs time and money
- Photo-resist method
- Toner transfer
- Inkjet printing
Sparkfun's PCB Design Tips
Nullspace Labs Eagle CAD Information
Small run PCB vendors
- Itead Studio - Good deals if you are willing to open-source
- Sparkfun's PCB Service - Have a nice free DRC check
- PCB Fab Express - Have an affordable 5-day "bare bones" service
- Flash Line Electronics Quick-turn PCBs made in USA. More spendy than off-shore but top quality
- Advanced Circuits - High Quality, quick turn PCBs made in USA.
- Silver Circuits - Offshore but reasonable English-language support.